Sunday, February 3, 2008

Adam's Baptism


Wow, I never even got caught up after eCommerce. I decided that I'd better write about Adam's baptism while everything is fresh on my mind. Unfortunately, I tend to get caught up in the idea of "but I need to get caught up on everything else first!" I then get further and further behind...so I decided that everyone can deal with me writing about things out of order. Maybe one of these days I'll even get back to writing about Disney World from clear back in September. Tonight it's all about Adam and his baptism, though :-)

It's been a really long day. My parents, Julie & Roger, Jen & Scott, all their kids, and I all met up at the gas station to caravan down to St. George. After my whirlwind trip to DC earlier this week, the last thing I wanted was another 5 hours cooped up (that's how long my flights were). To see the kids, though?? I would have doubled the travel time and cut the amount of time I could see them in half. It's just really nice to be able to spend time with them again.

We made it to Hurricane in time to hang out with Todd's family for a bit before the 3 kids came over. I was SO excited to see them! Dominic had fun handing money that he found over to Ashalee. He was hesitant at first, but he warmed up :-) My mom gave the 4 boys each a hat of Grandpa Astle's. Jake and Adam both like BYU, so they got the BYU hats. Levi and Andrew ended up with Dodgers hats. They all looked so cute! It was nice to see how well all of the kids interact.

We then hurried over to the church for the baptism. The baptism itself was great. I had a few issues that I was trying to get over with the whole thing, but overall it was really nice. I'm SO proud of Adam for making this decision on his own. After the baptism, there was time for cake, a little chatting, and a quick change. It was nice to see Angela and her family again. It always makes me sad when I think about the friendship that was lost with the way that everything took place. I'm hoping that at some point there might be a way around that. Who knows.

I considered staying down there overnight with Julie and Roger. I decided to come home, though, due to all the time that I had already been away this week. I really wanted my bed. Then what do I do? I stay up until almost 2am instead, hehe.

You can see the rest of the pictures from the baptism here.

2 comments:

britentj said...

You rock, You guys have no idea how much it meant to Todd and I that you drove 8+ hours just for a baptism. Thank you so much!! There were issues I had too with today, but, c'est la vie! It is Adam's day, and we are proud of him as well... and there is always ordainning them,, right?

Hugs R

Courtney said...

I think it's so cool that he got baptized!! I wish I could have been there, but mom couldn't leave the business, and there is just so much going on! By the way, how was you ecommerce thingy? I hope you had fun!