Tuesday, May 15, 2007

2 days left....

I'm really going to try to post on here more often! I need to try to update my posts here whenever I make one on my lj account, as there are different people on both. Over the next couple of weeks, I'll have nothing but time anyway, hehe.

It feels....odd. This is the first time since I accepted my current position that I have taken a significant amount of time off. I tied up all the loose ends today, and now I'm free. It's SUCH an odd feeling!! To know that *no one* is relying on my being there tomorrow. I don't have any messes I have to clean up. I don't have to review anyone's business and try to make it better. I don't have to even think about any of it until June 11. This just feels.....strange to me. I've become SO attached to some of my accounts. It's a strange thought that they'll be ok without my being there (in spite of what some of them think ;-) ). I've been so focused on surgery....that I never thought about how *this* would feel. I feel...strangely sad (yet, of course, VERY happy at the same time!).

Luckily, I have a LOT of projects to work on while I'm down. I need to work on Marjorie & Glen's engagements that I took a month ago, still. I have been SO busy that I haven't had the chance to work on them at all. I also have to start designing their wedding invitations. Now if only I knew what they wanted! hehe. I also have to work on Jen's family pictures that I took, as well as the pictures of Mitsy's boys. I LOVE that I'm going to have time to work on this stuff! I realize I'll also be sleeping a LOT, though.

Tomorrow, I go to the hospital for my final appointment and all of my tests and classes. Then, Thursday is the big day!! I can't wait to see what's going to happen in these next few months. For the first time in a VERY long time...I feel something that slightly resembles hope :-)

3 comments:

The Petrini Post said...

Hey Coco. Thanks for saying Hello on my blog. How are you doing? I look forward to reading yours if you promise to keep it up. ;)Keep in touch and feel free to leave comments whenever...I love to hear from you. Take care!
Melissa

The Petrini Post said...

BTW, What is this surgery that you are talking about? Is it serious, is everything okay? What's up?

Harwood Family said...

Hey Coco, Great to see ya here. I agree we need to get more people involved with the blog. Good luck with your surgery.
Debi