Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Yes, I made it home...

I'm sorry I haven't posted since getting home. I've been here...I've even been online, but those who have chatted with me can attest that I'm a woman of very few words these days. It's amazing how much energy it takes to type! I've decided to hurry and throw something together, though.

I came home on Saturday, after the dr. finally decided that it was ok. We thought I would come home on Friday...then I had problems with nausea (and the lovely dry heaves that went along with it). Saturday afternoon I got to my parents' house and parked myself on the couch. That's pretty much where I've been since.

I'm still "eating" 2oz of food 3 times a day. The first couple of days of broth and jello weren't bad, as I didn't want anything. My mind is coming back, and my new obsession with food is driving me crazy. I'll watch a movie...and I'll focus on the food. I was reading my book last night, and they mentioned an egg salad sandwich...and suddenly that's *all* I wanted (luckily I can start having an egg for meals on Wednesday...lol). This is going to be a long, grueling process. I knew it would be. I didn't think about the fact that I wouldn't be able to have pain killers once I left the hospital. Pretty much the only pain killers I can tolerate is lortab...but it makes me sick if I don't eat enough with it (2 oz. of broth and/or jello? Pretty sure not gonna cut it). So...I've just been dealing with it. I'm also still on oxygen, as my sats still weren't high enough without it at the hospital. Nose cannulas SUCK for the record...lol. I've been doing well with taking 3 short walks a day, even though I'm beyond exhausted. Today was especially difficult, as I managed to shower (which took 20 minutes) and I actually went downstairs before that. It's amazing how exhausted I get over the silliest little things.

Even with all that? I'm still up...typing away. I promised myself I would read more tonight, too. We'll see how far I get, hehe. I need to work on getting my water in between meals, I think that is adding to the exhaustion. We'll see what I can do.

Today, I was able to add in yogurt, string cheese, cottage cheese, and strained soups (I had tomato soup for dinner!). It was a nice change to the jello & broth. Yogurt for breakfast, string cheese for lunch, and 2 oz of tomato soup for dinner. It was SO nice!! Wednesday a LOT of things are added back in...so I can't wait!!

Ok, enough of my update. Just wanted to let y'all know that I was, in fact, home (though most of you know). I also wanted to let you know that I've just been too exhausted to type. With any luck, that'll pick up!!

Off to read (I *hope* I can pull myself away after 1 chapter)...

No comments: