Sunday, June 24, 2007

I need a longer weekend

I made it through my first week back. There were some points where I wasn't sure I would. I have a LOT of work left to do from the week, too. My plan was to go into work sometime over the weekend to get some stuff done. Yeah...that didn't happen.

Friday, 4 hours were shaved off of my work day due to a department bbq (at which, I couldn't eat anything). I'm really afraid for how much more work awaits me when I get back to work in the morning. On the up-side...our bbq included a dunking tank which we were able to use to dunk out supervisors and managers. I would have stepped up and tossed a few balls...but there was no way I was going to embarrass myself in front of everyone. I was also highly entertained by the the watermelon eating contest. I'll soon have pictures up under my June pictures.

Friday night, I went to Park City with My sister, Julie; her husband, Roger; his brother, Jared; my nephew, Dominic; and my friend, Marjorie. It wasn't long, but we had a good time. Roger bbq-ed hamburgers: (Guess which was mine...lol). Then we went swimming... and I thought we were going to have a repeat of Dominic's first time in the pool... (He fell asleep the first time...it was quite cute). He did make it back to the condo before falling asleep, though. After swimming, we all just played games, and went to sleep. Pretty boring for a lot of people...but we had a good time getting away for the night :-)

Saturday was Herriman Days. In the past, I've been in charge of a game. This year I didn't quite find out until a few days before the festivities...so I wasn't included. That actually turned out to be a VERY good thing, as I got REALLY sick. I went out there to hang out with everyone else...I was only able to snap ONE photo...of Lee playing in the duck pond...and I was done for the day. So home I went where I slept for 4 hours, then just recorded movies from HBO on Demand the rest of the night. How sad is that?!?

Today...I slept in until 10:30, went to church, came home and slept on the couch for an hour after dinner, then went back for a fireside (which makes me REALLY sad that I can't go on our stake's trek, btw)...then home for the night. Now...my weekend is over...and I'm really sad that I have to go back to work in the morning. I got spoiled with my time off from surgery...lol. 2 1/2 months until DisneyWorld....5 months until my sabbatical (and Germany!!!)...I can make it, right??

1 comment:

Tamara Wheeler said...

Great pictures. I love seeing them and reading up on what is going on.

BTW, I tagged you on my blog! :D