Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Sorry, more stupid food stuff...

I'm having a really difficult time with these first few weeks. I saw the dr. yesterday, and I've lost 27 lbs. I know that for 3 weeks...that's great. It really doesn't feel like enough for what I've been going through, though. The doctor mentioned to me that 3 - 5 weeks is when the possibility of stricture starts. Stricture is when the food doesn't go down. Scar tissue from surgery can start to block what goes down. Well, just as if it happened because of his suggestion, my egg white lunch yesterday got stuck. It hurt SO bad!! It was as if it was just sitting in my chest. I couldn't even breathe without the pain. So, I took a 2 hour nap. I woke up...and I could still feel the egg white. It felt like the only thing that I would be able to do in order to get rid of it would have been to throw up (which was looking more and more appealing). I went with my parents to visit my grandpa, and had one of the sugar free peppermints that they had at the counter...and oddly...it seemed to help!! I grabbed a few to put in my bag for future use, and enjoyed the rest of the night (with just yogurt for dinner to ensure I wouldn't have the problem again!) Well, today at lunch, I had my deli meat. It happened again!! I waited about an hour...and tried the peppermint again, and it didn't work. So? Up it all came. This really worries me, because the dr. mentioned that if I do have a problem with stricture, then I would need to go on an all liquid diet for a week, and that should give it time to get back to normal. Blah. I was getting all excited at the possibility of trying hamburger tomorrow (yay!!)...and now this happens. So, I'm trying cottage cheese for dinner, and we'll see how it goes. I will probably try solid food one more time tomorrow. If it gets stuck, again...I'll have to do all liquids for a week. I thought I was past all that :-P

No comments: