Thursday, September 25, 2008

Spiders

UGH! I hate spiders. I'm not like the people who can't kill them on their own or anything...but I just hate them. Whenever I let one live...I wake up the next day with a spider bite. Just gah.

Now for those of you who have attempted to watch a movie at my parents' house in the last few years, you know about the little spider that Todd & I found while my parents were out of town years ago. He had somehow gotten between the screens, and couldn't find his way out. He decided to die in the middle of the screen. When we watch tv, it'll end up on people's faces, and in food, and we always have to explain the spider.


Here's our little friend. I should name him or something.



The week before last, I was walking into the family room after grabbing one of Jen's fabulous no bake cookies. When I took a bite, a piece fell. It was dark, and I bent down to try to scoop up the dark spot on the kitchen floor. Instead of a piece of cookie, I was shocked when the SPIDER started scurrying away. I jumped a mile and ran (*laugh* that would have been a site since I can barely walk) to the other room to get a shoe to kill it. Grossness.

I told my mom about it, and she of course laughed at me. The next night, however, I had just finished my ritual gargling with salt water for my tonsils and was on my way back to the family room...and what do you know? A couple of feet away from the first night...there was ANOTHER yucky hairy spider. I jumped again, and grabbed a shoe and killed it. Blah. Luckily, my dad has one of those things that you plug into the wall and it keeps spiders away. I had him plug it in so that theoretically it will work for the family room and kitchen.

So imagine my surprise when tonight, I go into the bathroom and I'm doing my thing, and I look down to see spider legs sticking out of the hole on my scale where you turn the dial to set it! I immediately picked up the scale and tried to shake the stupid thing out. Of course it didn't come out, so I have a spider just waiting to come bite me.

This is where he was trying to come out...


but he wasn't there later when I had my camera.


I went in to tell my mom about it, and was asking about the little plug in thing. I wasn't sure if it actually killed spiders, or just repelled them. My dad mentioned that it just repels them. Crap. I asked my mom if I plugged it in the bathroom, what the chances would be of the spider turning suicidal since it can't seem to get out.

So I went in a few hours later...and the little wheel with the numbers was moving. Nice. I then saw little spider legs sticking up. *shudder*


So as if scales aren't evil enough, I have a spider living in mine. I promptly put the scale in the bathtub so the ugly little thing would have one more obstacle before it could get away and find me!

Gah. Stupid spiders!

2 comments:

Tamara Wheeler said...

OMG, I am laughing. I am so sorry. You know I hate spiders too. You need Hannah around. She is our Spider Girl.

mitsy said...

YUCK....I don't like spiders....*shudder* hopefully it is gone gone gone.