Tuesday, September 2, 2008



Yes, that is what it looks like. Last night, Matt took me to dinner and asked me to marry him. As you can see, I said yes. We don't have any details down (like a date or anything). Right now we have little mini-goals we're focusing on first, then we'll set a date. We just decided that it's silly for us not to be engaged when we know we're going to get married. He already had the ring, and he would rather it be on my finger than sitting in a box in his room, hehe.

We went to The Melting Pot for dinner (and we all know how I love The Melting Pot). I was actually sick, which was REALLY sad with so much yummy food in front of me. I was just leaning over against him because I was trying to decide if I needed to throw up, and he started talking about how much he loves me and how lucky he is to have me *insert the appropriate "awwww's" here*. I'll spare you all the rest, but he went on and pulled out the ring and said, "I know we've talked about it already, but I still need an answer" and asked me.

So there's your quick rundown to catch up with me :-) I also had my surgery last week and I have pictures and everything from that, but I'll work on that post later. Now, I had to get pictures of the ring put up beause the family that lives far away (or those that are traveling...like my parents) wanted to see the ring. I figure it's a good time to just get the "announcement" done and over with at the same time.

I don't have many pictures of us together, so this will have to do for now:



Also, here's a link to the picture of all of us from Lagoon for those who haven't seen it on Facebook.

18 comments:

Marjorie said...

Congrats Coleen. Your ring is very pretty. I can hardly wait to see your ring in person. Take care. Love ya.

fwoom said...

Congrats, coco! I'm happy for you!

Maria said...

Hey, it has been so long since I have seen or heard what you have been up to. Marjorie just sent me your blog so I could see and hear the great news. I am so happy for you! Also wanted to let you know that you look awesome!

Maria (Marjorie's sister, if you haven't figured it out yet) :)

Eric and Angela said...

You're Engaged!?! That is awesome, congratulations. So who is this guy? Details, girl, I need details. Let me know when the wedding is. I am so excited for you! Congrats again!

The Pack Family said...

AWWWWWWWWw That is so sweet! Im so happy for you!

Kimberly said...

What a gorgeous ring! Congratulations, that is so exciting!

The Petrini Post said...

YEAH! Congratulations Coco! Your ring is so beautiful!!! Sorry you felt so sick at the time, but hopefully all that Bling, bling will made you feel better...and of course the man of your dreams too. :) Take care and keep us updated on Wedding info! :)

britentj said...

YIPPE YAHOO!!! SWEET!! WAY TO GO!! Can I borrow your gun? lol

mitsy said...

Coleen....seriously...COULDN'T BE HAPPIER FOR YOU!!!! that is AWESOME...can't wait to meet him!!

The Johnson's said...

NO WAY!! Um do I need to interview this guy? I am suddenly feeling a major protective streak for you. Tell him I have two guns (one on each arm) if he ever messes with you. Oh ya, Congratulations!

Johnny and Becca said...

WHAT!?!?! That's Awesome! Why didn't you called me!!!!! Can I be one of your bride's maid? :p hehehe ... Congrats!

Harwood Family said...

Congrats Coleen! Is this the same guy you were telling me about when you were down here a few months ago?

Coleen said...

Thanks everyone :-)

Maria: Great to see you again! Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Angela: Yup! I'm engaged. Pretty crazy to me, too. His name is Matt (obviously)...not sure what everyone might want to know :-) He's a big geek like me, which works well. Yeah, that's all I got at the moment, hehe.

Other Angela: No need for the guns :-) He's really good to me. I can't wait for you to meet him!

Becca: I didn't call many people except immediate family cause...well...there are enough people who will be shocked...I'd still be on the phone! The bridesmaid thing...do you know how many bridesmaids I would have if I let all of you do it?? I'm figuring it all out, though.

Debi: Sadly, no...lol. Matt is a different guy. I dated him a few years ago...but we finally got things together for us both to be at the right place for it to work.

Betsy said...

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!! Keep me posted on the date!! (and when your shower is going to be.) I am glad you are feeling better.

Ashalee said...

AH! why am i the last one to know and why did no one tell me!!! YAY coco! he ehe i am soooo happy for you ibet nyou are going to hear that more then once but i am still soooooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!UGH!! why didn't anyone tell me!!!! why didn't you tell me! well i guess you kinda did blogging about it and all so i guess i should come on here more often....YA-YA!!!!!!!EEEKKK i am just sooooo happy for you ! :) :) :) :)

britentj said...

Ok so I basically SUCK! I completely forgot to tell Angela or Ash, Andrew and Adam, sorry guys, infact the only reason Todd even knows at this point is because I squealed with delight when I read your blog and he was sitting right here! LOL LOVE YOU!

britentj said...

IN FACT, let me just say, lol I thought I had told Kenz and Jake, and I spaced it, However, they now know! Yep,,, dork mom here!

Deb said...

CONGRATULATIONS COLEEN!!!!! Mitsy just told me the exciting news! And he'd BETTER be good to you, cuz YOU DESERVE THE BEST!!!!