Friday, September 26, 2008

Victory is mine!!

So tonight while I was in the bathroom, I decided to pull the scale out of the tub long enough to weigh myself. It's not healthy AT ALL but I haven't really been eating because of the pain from my tonsils. What I saw on the scale was a shock in and of itself, but I'll get to that in a minute.

After weighing myself, I shook the scale a bit and listened for the spider. I could hear him last night, so I figured after shaking him a bit he would need to readjust himself somehow. I didn't hear anything. Could he be gone? I couldn't be sure, so back into the bathtub for the scale.

When I went to return the scale to the bathtub...I noticed something in the drain...



Either he had come out, or I had made yet another spider discovery. We all know which theory I'm choosing to believe! I immediately sprayed the drain with hairspray, then turns on the water and let it run for a full 10 minutes. In case that wasn't enough, I also closed the drain so he couldn't come back up.

Like I said...victory is mine!!

It's mine in another way, as well :-) I'm trying to not be *too* happy because I know I'll go back up after I start eating again...but my scale tonight said...

*drumroll*

149!! *gasp* I NEVER in my life thought that I would see the numbers "1" and "4" together as the first 2 numbers on my scale! I know there are a lot of you skinny minnies who read this who are thinking, "Man, I'd kill myself if I got to 149 other than through pregnancy"...but seriously?!? Never in my wildest dreams...so...YAY!!!

1 comment:

Johnny and Becca said...

Congrats Coco!! on both accounts with the spider and the scale. I myself hates spiders with a passion and I freak out when I see one, if it's really close to me, I scream ... anyway, I am glad your dreams are coming true Coco!!