Wednesday, August 8, 2007

2 posts in a day...don't be too shocked, hehe

Last week, one of my friends and I decided to start walking on our 15 minute breaks. Neither of us were taking our breaks like we were supposed to, so it was a good way to force us to take them as well as a way for us to get some exercise in (as I have been quite lax about my exercise habits lately). Last week, we walked around our building once a day. We were only using 1 break (because she comes in so much later than me, I didn't want her to have to take her 2nd break so early as to get it in before I went home for the day). Well today, I suggested that we use our 2nd break, also. Mainly because if she's not taking her break anyway...what's the harm in taking it earlier? Also, I suggested that we pick up the speed a bit. We ended up making it around the building twice in one break instead of just once, then bumming around for the last 5 minutes. YAY!! We had time to grab a cup of water, then head back to our desks. We have also set up that we will be doing the same thing at 3. This will be SO helpful for me!! I really hope that this can help me pick up on my weight loss. I have a certain goal that I'm trying to reach by the time we go to Disney World (September 5)...and I will be so close!

No comments: