Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Things are looking up :-)



I've been waiting for "Eclipse" to come out for a few months now. I'm so happy it finally did!! I spent all of last night reading (well...trying to read while chatting on various IM's at the same time, hehe). I was up until about 1, and *really* considered staying home today to read. I haven't taken a day off just to have a relaxing day off in such a long time. I tried when the HP movie came out (after going to the midnight showing)...but that day proved to be anything BUT relaxing, heh. I then remembered some work that I had to do for one of my accounts today. SO...I came in. It's actually turning out to be not so bad, as I'm not overly sleepy, and I'm feeling pretty good about being here. Now I just have to make it through the day!

After work, I'm going to volunteer for the corporate games here in Salt Lake. I have to go up to Fat Cats to help get people registered for the pool tournament. Yay. The bad part? Fat Cats is connected to The Pizza Factory. One of my favorite restaurants ever. It's probably a good thing that I don't have any money right now, as I would probably have to break down and buy a pizza to take home...and that would make me SICK. Days like this make me sad about the surgery, but then again, how can I be sad when I'm down almost 60 lbs in 2 1/2 months?? :-) (I guess I would be happier if it were more noticeable...but we'll get there, hehe).

OH!! I also have good news after my post about possibly having to move! Yesterday, my best friend from Pittsburgh got offered a job in Salt Lake. Now, she has known about a position with this company for a couple of months now, and they've been kinda dragging their feet on some things, but she's finally starting on August 20th. The result? Is that Lys will need a place to stay until she moves. They're not paying for her to move, so it'll take some time to save up some money. This means that I'll have someone to help with bills, etc. for a bit while I'm working things out :-) This could save me from having to move (although I still need to do the math on it all, heh). So...happiness all around!

No comments: