Sunday, August 26, 2007

Grandpa...

I waited all day before posting this. I wanted to make sure that none of the family members who read my blog learned from my post. Now that I'm positive they all know...

Sometime between 1 and 3 this morning, my grandpa passed away. I have very mixed feelings about this sad blessing for him. Ever since my grandma passed away last October, he has just gone downhill. Recently, he hasn't had any kind of life at all. He missed my grandma tremendously (although his short term memory wouldn't allow him to remember that she was already gone). I'm happy that he was able to pass peacefully, and that the "burden" that had been on my parents and my mom's siblings since September of last year is gone. They had been visiting my grandpa (and my grandma before she passed away) every single day for the last 13 months. The only exception to this was vacations (which they all felt horrible going on with). A strain that definitely took it's toll on my parents & my aunts and uncles. With the blessing of peace for everyone that this brings, I'm very very sad that I no longer have my grandpa. I'm not sure it's hit me yet, though.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

I too have already blogged about Grandpa. I missed talking to you yesterday. {hugs}

britentj said...

Feeling the same as you are right now, not sure it has hit us yet,, feeling good for your parents and siblings that this burden has been lifted,, and guilty that I wasnt ready for him to go just yet,,, make sense? See ya friday,, love ya