Friday, December 21, 2007

Jet lag sucks

So when I flew to Germany, I spent the first few days napping all day long and still able to go to bed at night. It wasn't great use of my time, but at least I was able to sleep through the night. Now that I'm home? Everything is all screwed up. 7:00 last night I couldn't seem to keep myself awake on the couch. I did wake up every 10 - 15 minutes, so it wasn't exactly *good* sleep. About 9, I came around again and was able to stay up. I finally went to bed at about 11, and woke up about an hour ago. 4:45 is not an acceptable time to be up and going for the day when I don't have to go to work. I'm tired, but not exhausted enough to crash.

I'm also having a difficult time just...resting. It's funny, I usually have no problem just being lazy when I get home from work. Now that I *should* stay down, I have far too much that I feel like I absolutely need to get done around the house. Don't get me wrong...it's true. I can barely walk through any room in my house at the moment. I have a LOT that I could do to stay productive while staying down, but of course I'm in the mood to do the physical stuff. The grass is always greener, right?

I had a lot of problems with pain yesterday. Wednesday was a very long and trying day. We apparently brought back WAY too much stuff, so we had to pack some of the heavier stuff in our carryons so that our checked luggage wouldn't be over the weight limit. My mom has issues standing for a long time, let alone carrying stuff. The result? My packing a good 75 lbs worth of stuff all through the Atlanta airport. As a result, I've found 10 bruises and I feel muscles that I didn't know I had. My plan was to stay down yesterday, but instead I apparently needed to grab my stuff from my parents' house and shop. Silly need to have food at my house :-)

So, I promised myself that I would stay down today. It's difficult when I wake up feeling a little better, but I know if I'm up and going it'll just get worse again.

This is why I'm happy that I planned my trip for the beginning of my sabbatical, and gave myself plenty of recovery time before going back to work :-)

3 comments:

Tamara Wheeler said...

Miss ya! I keep looking for ya on the computer, but you are not around.

Stay down and rest. I'm heading to bed.

Courtney said...

Hey Coco! I'm so happy you had a good trip, but I have to say I'm happy you're home. I'm sorry you've had a hard time adjusting, but if you need me to come and take some of that productive stuff that you shouldn't be doing off your hands I'd be glad to! I'll even do dinner this time! ;)

Ashalee said...

hey Coco this is your favorite niece!just in case you forgot(ashalee):) long time no see literally! you should see my blog! i kinda think it sucks but thats ok! keep in touch kay? luv ya tons!