Friday, December 14, 2007

An update

Well, I've been trying to keep everything in the order that we've done them. This is getting me further and further behind, hehe. So...I decided to just go with yesterday. Tammie keeps mentioning that I haven't updated...I just want to note that she hasn't updated at all since we got here :-P Thank goodness for Gardner!

First, we went shopping yesterday at a store called Ratio. It's kinda like a WalMart. Food and sales on all kinds of random things. I spent about 60 euro, and it turned out that they didn't take my Mastercard. There went all the cash I had left (before the day even really started!) I DID get 2 pair of nice boots and a pair of shoes that I could wear. That's amazing! 40 euro for a pair of shoes and 2 pair of boots? Yeah...I was a happy girl.

Yesterday, we just went during the day to a couple of nearby cities. We first went to Venlo in the Netherlands. A lot of people have mentioned to Tammie about crossing the border to shop because everything is cheaper because of taxes. Venlo is the "across the border" city that people go to. So...off we went. I'm still amazed at how beautiful all these little towns are. You get to the city center, and everyone is just buzzing down these little narrow roads, and everything is all decorated up for Christmas. I find myself taking pictures of the same type of thing over and over again. There are so many beautiful buildings! We went into a LOT of shops! The first one that I kinda made Tammie & my mom stop at had fuzzy socks for 1 euro a pair. Seriously...my FAVORITE socks ever! So I bought a bunch, and convince my mom and Tammie that they wanted a few also :-)

We moved along, and just stopped in at all kinds of different shops. I loved it!

We then went to Kevelaer in Germany. There were some beautiful churches there! Tammie and I went inside 2 of them, and it's just amazing. We also found a Euro Shop (Dollar Store, hehe) and we were able to pick up a bunch of random stuff. Grabbed Belgian chocolates for people at work, more fuzzy socks (yes, I know I have a problem), and just all kinds of stuff. It was fun :-)

We then headed back home, and settled in for the night. Dinner, I spent some time reading, then Tammie, Gardner, & I watched some Joan ("Joan of Arcadia"...I still love that show).

I'll put of pictures later :-) That's another thing that was holding back my posts, but I figured it's better to get it written so this part is here at least!

1 comment:

Kay's Puppy said...

Thanx for the update. I do not think I the shopping (whick I've got to do today for mom) I would have enjoyed the churches and lighted streets. It is a long journey between Brugge abd yesterday's travels. Look forward to your pictures and to hear how mom's feet are doing (yeah, I think I know that story; but hpefully they are somewhat better.
Love Ya'll

Dad