Sunday, August 10, 2008

Quick Update...

So I guess a quick update is in order now that I've had my dr. appointment and a few other things have taken place.

It turns out that I'll be having 2 operations over the next 6 weeks here. Talk about crazy! On August 25 I'll be put under for yet another operation on my foot. They'll be cutting away a bone on the side of my foot, cutting out a wedge of bone from my big toe so it'll sit straight, then they'll cut away the ligaments that are holding my other toes in place. I then get pins yet again to try to keep them in place while they heal. They'll also cut into the top of my foot and cut down the stupid bone spur that I found while snorkeling. Blah. This should be a LOT easier than the other operations I've had on my feet, and it sounds like I don't even have to have a cast. Just a walking boot. YAY! I can hope :-)

On September 16 I'll have my tonsils out. I swear, aren't I too old for that?? What's funny is that years ago I asked a dr. about it (as they've always kinda been in the way for me) and he kept talking about how unnecessary it was. Turns out...he was wrong! We'll see how that goes. I'm just not excited.

The rest of the week and weekend has been pretty crazy. Matt's family had a reading party carnival thing yesterday, so I helped man the wheel (which we borrowed from Rob & Chris, of course!). It was a LOT of fun, but I'm exhausted. (If you didn't see the pictures on Facebook, you can see them here).

The next couple of weeks are going to be crazy...so I'll update when I can!

Oh yeah!! I forgot to mention...I have my 5k coming up on Saturday, right?? One by one...I'm getting knocked down. I had a very lenient goal of making it in under an hour. As I went on with training...I started to lose hope that I would be able to do it. Still planning the 5k, though. I then started having problems with my breathing. I got some inhaler things...and moved on. I then started having problems with my ankles. Got some braces (which I think made it worse) but decided to move on. But a sprained toe?!?!? Come on!! Enough is enough!! (because I'm horrible, I'll be taking a picture of the lovely bruises to post later...lol). I sprained my toe last night after the carnival thing while climbing over kids in their basement where they had all settled in for a movie. I'm STILL going to do the 5k. I don't care if it takes me 2 hours!! I'm VERY sad that this is becoming more and more of a reality *sigh* I was REALLY hoping to be able to stick to under an hour. I know how slow that sounds to many of you, anyway...but blah.

4 comments:

britentj said...

Good luck on your operations! Dr. told me the same thing when I walked in after I had Levi, regarding my tonsils, he said I was too old, then he looked at my tonsils, and was like "yea those have to come out!" Enjoy the smoothies and slurpees! LOL Good luck with the foot,, and dont forget our 5 K in ONE WEEK! UGH!!!!!! I may be crawling it!

Coleen said...

I almost forgot to mention the 5k thing and my stupid sprained toe. Just updated!

britentj said...

KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE FINISH LINE DEAR!!! This is your first, and my second, my goal is still to cross the finish line! We will cross together!!!!! I am proud of you for sticking with this goal! HUGS

Harwood Family said...

Robert just had his tonsils out last year and he's way older than you. I guess age isn't an issue. Good luck with the 5K.