Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Stupid broken toe

Sadly, it looks like the 5k is a no go for me :-( I'm *really* disappointed as I was looking forward to proving to myself that I could do it. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to do it with a broken toe (or the breathing problems, or worse ankle problems that came up...but the broken toe did it). I kept hoping that I'd start feeling better enough that I could justify it. Sadly...it seems to be getting worse. The other days I could at least wear some of my normal shoes. Today? I had to resort to my wannabe crocs. Blah. I hate that pain can control me like this. The good thing is that it saves me over $100 in gas. The bad thing is that Rhonda had planned a candle party because I was coming down...and now I won't even be there to do it. Luckily she's fully capable of handling it on her own...but it doesn't make me feel any better. Blah. I'm sick of this crap.

2 comments:

Cindy & Billy said...

How dare you toe decide to be broken at a time like this? So I guess this means that I dont' get to see you either :( Maybe next time. Hopefully you will beable to do a 5k next year.

britentj said...

There is another 5k in November dear!! I am signing up for it soon!!!