Monday, August 25, 2008

Surgery Day

So...today is surgery day. It's almost 2am...and where am I? Oh, at work. I've been here for HOURS and haven't managed to do what I need to. I have issues letting go...so I'm avoiding. I need to get on the ball, though. It's only 7.5 hours until I have to be there, and 9 hours until surgery time. Yikes! I'm really not excited. I'm just anxious. I know this won't be even close to as bad as prior surgeries...but I'm still anxious. I think it's ok to be anxious when you know that you'll be waking up with pins sticking out of your toes :-P. On to happier stuff...

Saturday my work had a Lagoon day for our Summer picnic. I took Matt and his kids with me. Even with only hitting like 5 or 6 rides, almost passing out, the whining, and the pain...I had a lot of fun :-)

We went to Pioneer Village and did one of those Outlaw pictures (which I'm sure I'll post later when I get home). I was a little reluctant because...well...it appeared to be a family picture, which we're not yet. The kids loved it, though...and made sure to take it around to show everyone at Matt's house when we got home.

I ran into Alisha Rios (Jones...Linda Rae's daughter) at Lagoon, too. I hadn't seen her in years, so it was a LOT of fun to chat with her for a bit :-) We were able to exchange numbers again, and will hopefully keep in better touch.

We went on the skyscraper, which was hilarious as Matt & 2 of the kids are afraid of heights. This wasn't too bad until we got stopped right at the very top while they were letting people off. I had Tyleigh on one side just holding onto me for dear life...Owen on the other who started holding onto me as soon as he saw Tyleigh do it (I guess once he saw that I was ok with it?), and Matt getting after Gavin who kept wanting to spin us while we were so high, hehe. It was entertaining if nothing else :-) I also had the privelege of taking Tyleigh on her first (and possibly last) roller coaster ride. She chose Jet Star 2, thinking that it wouldn't be that bad. As we got closer and closer to the front of the line, she was holding onto me tighter and tighter. I had to keep reassuring her that with this ride, I would be directly behind her (she'd almost be in my lap) and the seatbelt would be directly over her holding her in. I felt horrible about halfway through as she was screaming for dear life, saying that she wanted it to stop. Poor girl. She can now say that she went on one, though!

That's when the kids started to get cranky (the boys were upset that they hadn't been able to go on the ride with Tyleigh and I), so we decided it was time to leave. I smoothed things over with the kids by letting them see my Guitar Hero for my Nintendo DS and by letting them play with the pictures that we had received on cd from Pioneer Village. Overall, they all still say that they had a good time, and "can't wait to go again next year if my work does it again!"

Ok. I'm really going to get this work stuff done so I can get out of here for the next month and a half!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Good luck with the surgery! I can't believe you are doing two surgeries back to back.

The Pack Family said...

I hope everything went well!!!