Monday, October 15, 2007

mini update in pictures...

I've had so much go on in the last 2 weeks. What's funny is that with each one, I think, "Oh, I have to blog about this!" or I'll take pictures and think "I can put these pictures in my blog when I write about this!" Neither ends up happening, as I have been WAY too exhausted at the end of each day to even start typing up what has made me so exhausted! So, here are a few pictures that represent the last couple of weeks. With any luck, I'll be able to get a real update done soon :-)


Here's the cake from my dad's birthday. Fitting for a 64 year old, no?
He still has it (and no, the grandkids didn't help, hehe). He was able to get all *8* candles out ;-)
These were my projects for our Fabulous Friday for Enrichment. I'm so excited at how they turned out! I wish I woulda done something different with the Thanksgiving one (I saw someone break away from the "pattern"and painted the "Turkey" block green. It looked really nice! I'll have to remember stuff like that for next time :-)
Friday night was also Whitney Dansie's Quincinera. The big 1-5 in Latino world. The party was at Bar-D ranch out in Herriman. I was running late because of Enrichment that night, but it was actually a LOT of fun. I will have to elaborate on the party later. It's definitely worth the story (and more pictures!)
On Saturday, we celebrated Julie's birthday with dinner at Golden Corral. It was nice, I was able to buy my food by the pound, and took LOTS home (and still spent less than everyone else, hehe). Cami came straight from her soccer game, so she's still in her uniform. She informed me that she won her game. She then later admitted that it was a tie, hehe.
Sunday morning, I was finally able to get more engagements taken of Marjorie and Bill. I know, I know, I still need a LOT more practice. Every time I think I'm ready...I finish with a shoot, and think, "Seriously?!? Was that the best I could do??" once I get them on the computer. One of these days I'll be happy with it, I'm sure!!

Sunday evening we got together for Uncle Dave's 65th birthday. It was a lot of fun! That's where I learned that he had started a blog, too. I also fell in love with his camera. Don't get me wrong, my camera is still my baby...but it's always nice to play with something new. It's a good thing I don't have *any* money to spare after the new laptop.

5 comments:

Tamara Wheeler said...

oh coleen, this just won't do. lmao

Tell me what each thing is from. I am guessing a super saturday of sorts for the words blocks.

Dave's 65 birthday, Dad's birthday.

Got the engagement pics done....

But what is up with the Amanda and Courtney photos along with Cami?

Tamara Wheeler said...

I need to add.......it was fabulous to see an update on your blog. Gardner just mentioned last night that you had not updated in a while.

Harwood Family said...

I want to know more about the word blocks too. They are too cute. Did you make them or buy them somewhere?

Coleen said...

Well, I did plan on elaborating eventually...I just don't know when I would have gotten to it, hehe. I've added detail below the pictures :-)

Kimberly said...

Wow! You have been busy. Are you planning on slowing down sometime soon? Maybe you should go on vacation. :) Oh yeah you did.