Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Visiting Grandma and Grandpa



So when Lindsey and I did the haunted tour a week and a half ago, we made a stop at the Salt Lake Cemetery. We half joked about visiting grandma and grandpa, but there was no way we would have enough time, heh. Todd brought Jacob up for the BYU game on Saturday, though, so after the game we all went up to see Grandma and Grandpa's gravesite. It was my first time going since they put Grandpa's death date on there. It seems so...real now. I remember when we took Grandpa a few months ago to go see the headstone. He saw his name on it, and said, "There's no date, so that must mean I'm not dead yet!" We all got a good chuckle.


I was disturbed, however, to see tracks running OVER the gravesite, however. I'm sure they're from a riding mower of some sort, or something for the sake of groundskeeping...but because there is not any sod covering the grave yet...it just makes it worse. In a situation like that where the sod isn't covering the dirt...would it be so difficult to at least try to rake over the dirt or SOMETHING?!? I could just be a little sensitive about it...but...it made me sad to see.

8 comments:

Janice said...

bergicI have been to Mom's and Dad's gravesite a few times these past months and it makes me sad that they don't seem to taking care of it as they should. I guess when Mom passed away we didn't go there til Mother's Day and didn't see the early stages.

Love, Aunt Janice

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the pictures, I hadn’t see the completed stone either. Plus it was great to hear another grandpa story.

Coleen said...

Yeah, I thought it was sad that I LIVE here and I still hadn't seen it. Just...felt the need...and they were going...so it made it easy :-)

Tamara Wheeler said...

I for one haven't seen it yet. I haven't been home for more than a year and when I left, they were both in the hospital together.

Next time you go coleen, would you take a picture close up of the headstone where I can read it? Maybe you already did it and have it somewhere. I'd love to see it.

Coleen said...

I do have one closer up to where you should be able to read it, but I think if you click on the picture it should be big enough to read. Let me know if it's not and I can upload it much larger :-)

Tamara Wheeler said...

oh, you are a smarty! :D

Yes, clicking on the picture did make it bigger where I could see it.

britentj said...

I am hoping to go up there this thursday, as we are coming up way early for the game.Todd is taking the day off work, he has other business to do up there, so here is hoping!

Johnny and Becca said...

Thanks Coco for the pictures!! I love the "there's no date..." I remember that!