Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The weekend...



A week from tomorrow I will be leaving for Germany. I have FAR too much work to get done to think I'm leaving in a week, let alone the fact that 2 of those days I won't be working because of holidays!! I might have to come in over the weekend to get some things done.



It was a pretty busy weekend for me. I had Rob & Chrissy's kids Friday night so that they could get away for Chrissy's birthday. Mandy missed the bus, so I left work to go get her, then made her sit here at my work while I finished some stuff up. I later couldn't decide if that was a reward or punishment...lol. Either way, it's alwways fun to show off the kids :-)



When we got back to Rob & Chrissy's, the other kids and I did a Smith's run to get treats (as we always do when I watch them). I then played around until I found the password to their wireless internet, at which point I squealed and clapped. I then acknowledged myself as the geek that I am...lol. Lee decided to throw in his "Coco is a geek" too. I was ok with that :-) I was then able to play with my weekly WoW group while watching movies with the kids. Always fun!



Then, as usual, half of the kids fell asleep in the family room upstairs and the other half in the family room downstairs. Oh well. As long as they had fun :-) I then told the kids that they *had* to clean, and I fell back to sleep (since I was up til, oh, 4). A little before 11 I got up to check on them all, and there was still SO much to be done. I felt like the mean aunt not letting Allison and Mandy go to a party they had been invited to last minute...but that's the ONE thing Chrissy wanted for her birthday. It eventually got done, blah blah blah, I let Courtney drive them over :-)



After Rob & Chris got home, Chris made a cake for Allison's birthday party that night. After the cake was in the oven, we heard s a loud "OH MY GOSH!!!" from the other room. Next thing I see, is little Lee walking in...just as seen here. I was pretty amused. It's not my desktop at work :-)



Beyond that, things have been EXTREMELY busy here. It's the 2nd day of a 3 day work week, and I feel like I didn't accomplish anything yesterday (although the number of emails in my inbox Went from 91 to 29, so that's not too shabby!) Today is also "Show your colors" day for the big game on Saturday. So, I'm sitting here in my blue with all kinds of red around me. It'll just be that much more fun they kick butt on Saturday ;-)

No comments: